Ubisoft doesn’t want you to see AC4 as a sea game because it’s not. They have taken the opportunity to let the player be more part of the story. Now, the player is the hero instead of just the character.
As you play the game, you’ll meet a variety of real historical pirates such as Blackbeard, Ben Hornigold, Charles Vance, and Calico Jack.
AC4 was meant for the PS4, but they are releasing it for the PS3. A team of programmers have been working on the next-gen element of the game. The game has been in development for 2 years.
Below, you can read about all the details Ashraf Ismail, creative director of AC4, has shared.
The main character is Edward Kenway (Captain Edward) who is Connor’s grandfather. He starts off as a pirate. He is charismatic, charming, and selfish. He can hold 4 pistols and 2 swords. Before he can hold 4 pistols, you have to upgrade him.
- Ship Needs to be upgraded
- Crew needs to be taken care of
- Can hunt in the sea
- Simplified rules for new fans that are going to be taught in a more fun, interesting way
- Use whatever tools and mechanics you choose to accomplish your goal
- You are given basic objectives, and you do what you want to accomplish them
- Anonymous tech has progressed
- Open world free roaming: you can hunt treasure, sail around, go to another city, etc.
- Missions are 60% land, 40% naval
- AC4 is a follow up of AC3
- Most places like the Jungle, for example, require you to be stealthy
- You can try to not be stealthy, but in most cases you will not complete missions that way
- Based in the Carribean of the 18th century
- You’ll explore over 50 unique locations across a variety of islands
- 4 player gameplay
- No multiplayer naval battles